2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Digital Stamps 4 Joy Stitching Challenge

Welcome friends.  Thanks for taking time out of your day to visit me.  I truly appreciate it.

The card I have for y'all in this post is a bit of a twist.  The challenge over at DS4J is stitching.  Since I don't have a sewing machine and I don't have the patience for hand stitching, I used faux stitching.  The image I chose is not a Christmas image, but I turned this Misteri image into one.


I noticed the bells attached to her skirt and immediately thought of the song, "Jingle Bells".  So, I colored her with reds, greens and gold.  I pulled two patterned papers from The Paper Studio Holly Jolly 6x6 pad.  The wreath stamp is an old, old set that I bought when I first started stamping in 2010. I had to write the sentiment because I didn't have a stamp that said anything about bells or jingling.  I used two different BIC Markers for the faux stitching around the image and the sentiment.

I hope y'all enjoyed your visit today.  Thanks again for stopping by.  God bless and have a great day.

I am also entering this card into the Fab and Funky Anything Goes challenge.

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Emily!

    Thanks for playing in our challenge at Digistamps4Joy! Good luck and we hope to see you again.

    DS4J Lindsay DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow gorgeous card Emily.
    Thanks for join us at Digistamp4Joy.

    Greetings karin DT member

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done. Love the color combo and the faux stitching. and the lovely coloring of the image especially on the skirt.
    Thank you so much for joining us at Digistamp4joy. Hope you join us next time too.
    Pam
    Digistamps4joy (DT member)
    PapillonDigital Designs (Personal blog)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a wonderful Christmas card. Who says you have to use a Christmas image when you can "make a non Christmas image" into one? And you did a beautiful job of faux stitching around the image. Thanks for playing in our challenge at Digistamps4Joy! Good luck and we hope to see you again.
    ♥ Charlene DS4J DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card - Thanks for joining us at Fab n Funky
    Beccy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.