2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Saturday, February 15, 2014

Kierstynne's First Challenge Entry

Hello, friends.  It's Saturday, it's snowing again, and my 9 year old is entering her first challenge.  She is so excited. She knows I enter lots of challenges and am on lots of design teams and she's been begging me to let her enter a challenge.  She asked me the other day why they didn't have kids on design teams.  She wants to be on one.  I told her she would have to wait a few years then she could enter.

I found a challenge blog that accepts children's entries, so she made this beautiful card to enter.


Yes, my 9 year old colored this beautiful image from Delicious Doodles called Marina.  She used my colored pencils and even blended the colors with OMS.  She added lots of embossing, even used my Marvy heat tool.  She also used chalks to make the ocean background.  I helped her come up with the sketch and showed her the different papers that would work with this card, then she used my trimmer to cut the papers and used the ATG Gun to adhere all the pieces.  I did help her tie the knot because she just couldn't get the hang of it.  That's all the help I gave her.  She did it all by herself.  I think I'm a little jealous.  Her's looks as good as what I create.

Thanks so much for stopping by today and please leave Kierstynne some love in the comments below. She's not so sure it's good enough for a challenge, but I think she did a fantastic job.  Have a wonderful day and God bless y'all.

Recipe:
Image: Delicious Doodles--Marina
Coloring Medium: Colored Pencils and OMS
Embossing:  Powders- Sparkle and Sprinkle; Ranger Inkssentials Embossing Pen
Cardstock: Darice
Papers: Colorbok
Gems: Queen and Co
Ribbon: Michael's
Tools: Fiskar's Trimmer, ATG Gun, Marvy Heat Tool

Challenges:
Delicious Doodles--#75 Ribbon and Bling
Crafty Hands--#8 Embossing
2 Sisters--#173  Embossing

11 comments:

  1. Wow!! Kierstynne you are a star. Keep it up girl and soon you will be on a DT. This is a gorgeous card. Emily, you must be so proud of her. Hugs. Ursula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cngratulations Kierstynne on creating such a beautiful card,

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous card hun and ty for joining us at Craftyhands x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kierstynne, your card is beautiful, and I think that you will have a great chance in the challenges. Keep up the good work and you will get to be on a DT someday also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Emily!

    I saw your post on Kit & Clowder & came right on over :-)

    Your daughter's card is so very pretty & I like the layout she used...you're right--she's a star already!!!

    I'm now your newest follower & I'd appreciate you following me as well!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh WOW, utterly fantastic, Kierstynne...love your colouring and detail, your Mum, better watch out, hun.... thank you for sharing with us at Delicious Doodles this week, best of luck xxx

    ps as a Delicious Doodles image has been used, you can have a 2nd entry into the challenge, using the Blog Address (not this post) and putting 2nd entry using DD image in the comment...Good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Surely not made by a 9 year old!! this is an amazing card! what a clever young lady! Many thanks for joining the crafty hands challenge and good luck!!! Melissa (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a talent ,just amazing
    now following you hugs Susan from K &C

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing this fab card with us at Craftyhands, good luck! Wendy DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty card you have made. Lovely to see that you have used one of Teri's gorgeous images. It fits the Delicious Doodles Challenge this week well of “Ribbon and bling”. Thank you for taking part and best wishes in the draw. Kym (Delicious Doodles Challenge Blog Design Team Member)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.